Tune a peanut?

wild foamy
This post is 3986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya peeps

Basically ive been tasking with sorting out 5 or 6 mini motos which were used at the RAF Cosford kart club until the previous IC lost interest in them, most of which are complete and look barely used with several boxes of spares aswell, in return i will be allowed to keep one of them, but compared to a fireblade it seems a bit shite

So i ask the question... what can i do to a 50cc two-smoker to get more power out of it?, im looking at things i can do myself at relatively cheap cost to make it as rapid as possible (not too bothered if it blows up, its just a toy).

ill get some pics after work, its such a cute thing with its little purple fairing :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The pull cords on them are wank. this aint any thing to do with performance more on the lines of getting the thing to start.

Take off the pull cord assembly. there you will see the fan, in the center of the fan is a nut to take the fan off, get a battery power drill with a socket that fits the nut and pull the trigger to start the motor. SOOOO much easier than trying to wank it off to get it to start.

only other thing you can do is to piss about with the carb, eg needles and getting more fuel into it. Change the air filters fit thicker petrol pipes may even be able to drill out the hole on the plastic fuel tank to get the fuel flowing faster?

ScooterMan used to take 50cc Jin-Cheng copies of the Honda Monkey Bike, convert them to quickly disassemble, upgraded a couple of components (to ones that didn't just fail within the first week) and finally rebored them out to 90cc.

Have no idea what's involved, but can you rebore these or is it too much effort for a messaround machine?

well the old man has a lathe/mill and ive got some cylinder hones, so i dont see why i couldnt bore it out, would need a bigger piston though.

ive been using a drill to start it as it was sat for about a year or so, but seems okay now :), going to paint it in fireblade urban tiger colours ;)

I remember the one i had was quite a laugh, done 50mph easy and on some thing so low that your arse cheeks are cleaning the cats eyes on the road it gets pretty scary at times :eusa_whistle:

Our taxes at work? :jossun:

I could never do that! :D

this little bike has made me realise just how fun 50ccs can be XD, we had the little fucker going around the go-kart track, was okay until i slipped off and stuffed the bike into the tyrewall, it hurt my knee :(

then one of the other guys tried pulling a wheelie on it and ended up flipping it over, then the exhaust manifold split but there are plenty of spare pipes at the club :).

very fun little bike, there are a couple of other bikes that are nearly ready to run, also i forgot to take pictures :(

Best of all its free, I think i will call it Foamys Alternative Racing Toy, or F.A.R.T for short :)

this little bike has made me realise just how fun 50ccs can be

And your DT50 breeding ground doesn't?! ;-)

• Like 1

Are we talking about bippos ass or yours foams?

• Like 1

No it's ok Tommy, I just won't share a tent with him anymore... ;-)

Mines free. i don't mind a foamy throw back :eusa_whistle:

I wasn't aware you accepted the offer! :o

Besides, i now have a missus foamy ^.^, finally someone i actually want to cuddle after the badonka-donk is done, if she survives until squires then i will be sharing a tent with her anyway :P

• Like 1