Run Foamy run.

Cynic
This post is 3894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok this is putting him on the spot but hey what are we here for.

Foamy has chucked the fags and mentioned a marathon. Tommy XS and i both said we'd throw in with 50p a mile.

Anybody else who wants in........

IMPORTANT BIT
Foamy has not agreed to run anywhere im just after incentive and testing response. If he tells me to take a running jump so be it.

Foamy edit: check out my page to donate peeps :)

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Whats to apologise for tommy. Nothing is promised. I just wanted to show support.

Quitting fags is hard. Really hard. A run somewhere be it full half whatever gives an aim and reason. Both are vital to succes.

Count me in (assuming Foamy is...!)

I'm ordering a Chinese right now so haven't replied earlier, 15 mile B-road blast back home on the blade :D

Anyway, marathons, I've had a look at the dates and there's a half marathon on 19th September in Bristol, I'm aiming for that ;) maybe then a full marathon next year

• Like 1

I'm ordering a Chinese right now so haven't replied earlier...................... :D

I thought your mum told you to keep away from those Asian bride sites Foams!!

Funny you should mention that, the daughter of the woman that runs the takeaway shop is bang tidy, I even learnt a bit of mandarin to help break the ice, turns out they speak Cantonese and thought I was just talking jibberish :(

..................the daughter of the woman that runs the takeaway shop is bang tidy.............................

"Bang Tidy".................................................Funny name.................................................... but that is different cultures for you!

• Like 2

Training starts today :hyper:

Have contacted a couple of charities to see if they would let me run on their behalf, stay tuned for info, will get a webpage up and running when i know more :)

6km in 36 minutes, then some interval training, and a cool down. need to get some new shoes though, the ones i use atm (military issue hitec silver shadows) have given me some pretty shit blistering on my feet :/

Well done foams, it appears you have accepted the challenge, so count me in 10 bob a mile

10 bob a mile?! :o, blimey jimmy, you realise a half marathon is about 13 miles?... so thats £130?

Tommy the e-cigs are great bits of kit i probably wouldnt have quit without them, i paid about £25 for a starter kit from totally-wicked.co.uk and then bought some larger refillable 'tanks' and thats all ive needed it, i charge it up when im asleep and it lasts up until about 6pm if im using it regular, but lately ive not been using it so much.

only thing is, if you want to smoke an e-cig in the RAF... you have to go outside to the smoking area and sit with all the dirty stinking tabbers... so despite the RAF being so keep on being 'Fit for purpose, fit for Ops' they are discouraging the use of e-cigs... i just claim ignorance and try to keep it low-key