Dragstar clutch adjust ment help..

homer382
This post is 4015 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hope for some help.. i have just recently bought a dragstar 650 and i cant seem to be able to get the biting point down to a reasonable level, the biting point is almost at the very end. ive tried slackening of the cable as suggested to me but the cable becomes very loose and the play becomes ridiculous. if i tighten the cable even slightly to remove the slack i have no biting point at all.. is it possible i have the wrong cable or would it mean i need a new clutch?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Funny enough I have the same on my xvs 125, so I assumed that it was the discs. I replaced the discs wich made no diference then I fiddled with the pivot pin in the clutch and that made a small diference but its back to the same. If your clutch is not sleppery then don't worry it maybe just the spring on the cluch arm.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online