smoke free... and strangely i dont feel like murdering someone

wild foamy
This post is 4003 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well peeps, after completing a military fitness test last friday i have decided that the cancer sticks arent doing me any favours.

So i've stopped smoking now, im using an electronic vapourizer instead, its pretty neat because you can have high/med/low nicotine content liquid in it and even add flavours (Vanilla and strawberry is my favourite atm...)

i had a few drags on a tab on saturday night whilst down the pub, i smoked half of it and then felt a bit ill so that was the end of that, the strange thing is ive tried quitting before but found i was even more unpredictable and volatile than usual, looking to start an argument at work for an excuse to go out and have a smoke e.t.c but since ive moved to Cosford and started using this vaporizer i actually feel pretty good, even managed to get my 1.5 mile run time down from 11 mins 11 sec to 10 mins 30 sec today :hyper: no big acheivement but better than nothing

also surprised about how much money im saving, even after buying all these "projects", is anyone else in the same boat as me right now?, had a few moments of weekness, mainly whilst sat in traffic, i get road rage in the cage anyway and found myself hanging out the window because the person in the car infront was smoking up and i could smell it.

smoke free for 5 days now :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm in this boat with you Steve at the moment. 2day is my 3rd day without any.

Before this I kept having the odd smoke but I put it down to stress.

Here's hoping we win the battle

I have been smoking about 6 or 7 years now.....and guess what! i enjoy smoking < now that's something you don't hear everyday eh!

but yeah in all honesty ATM i don't mind it one bit, maybe in another 6 or 7 years things will change, who knows. One other thing to consider is that we know full well what cigarets can/will do to us due to millions in tests and studies but as for those chemicals that you inhale through those electric things there really hasn't been much research into it certainly not in comparison to the amount that real cigarets have been researched....these things haven't been around all that long, who's to know what these things can/will do in the long term, 10, 20, 40 years from now? just something to consider

good on you for quitting mate! you'll be a lot happier for doing what you set out to do :) and i congratulate you for it matey :)

BTW i can't run 1.5 miles though LOL

Well done for quitting the pair of you.

Speaking as someone the fags HAVE affected badly the strangest thing is i would love to light one up. I have circulation issues in my hands and right leg. (Which may force me to a rhs gearshift.)Chronic asthma after smoking for 15 years and near fatal pneumonia, if i ever start smoking again i have been told it would finish me. Like 12 to 18months.

Saved a lot of cash though. Fag money used to go in a pot by the bed. Replaced all my bike kit with the savings.

You will never be an ex smoker, no such thing. Just a smoker who has not lit up for a while. You may one day become as anti cigaretts as me one day.

Its strange. I stopped 35 years ago, and yet there are some odd moments when I feel I could light up a ciggie, mostly when I'm on my tod and its quite and I'm relaxed and chilled

Youre never free of em

Good on you Foamy.

I am with Welshwan on this. Smoke and have an E-lite if I fancy it. Rarely drink, don't gamble, don't have any other habits and can afford it, so why not?

Giving up is a state of mind at first. You have to be mentally prepared and want to. After that it is about just getting over the odd craving.

Well done foams! I really need to kick the habit n need to get hold of one of them vaporizer thingys. But the days like today when I manage to trap a nerve in my back and cant go to work then not rolling a fag become mega hard lol.

Way to go! It gets easier (IMO), unless I smell a fresh one.

You will never be an ex smoker, no such thing. Just a smoker who has not lit up for a while.

This is me... and hubby still doesn't understand it. Obviously he's never smoked. :shrug:

I told my wife when i first met her that it me or the ciggies, unfortunately she chose me.

• Like 1

sorry foamy i forgot to say well done, good look with the efags, my brother has been on them for 8 weeks, he said they are great

Cheers peeps, the e-cigs are great aslong as you have the will to use them, they dont provide the same "hit" as a regular cig but the beauty is i can use the e-cig in my room, in the car, at work e.t.c.

not sure if its a side-effect of the e-cig or just because im stopping but i cant stand the smell of smokers now!, some of the guys i work with go out for a tab and then come back in and sit next to me in the crewroom, i have to move because they STINK of stale smoke which didnt used to affect me before.

I tried stopping before but found i was either really irate and looking to start an argument so i could go outside for a smoke, or during my afghan tours when fags were £18 for 200 and smoking was the only time i had to myself during the work day. since being at cosford i find i dont 'need' to smoke, and so i dont

but now im finding i dont wheeze or struggle for breath after a run, i dont cough up as much phlegm and i spend a lot more time doing things than i do going out for a smoke, even set myself a goal of running a marathon at the end of my training course, but thats just a pipedream atm :)

marathon is a brilliant idea! its only a pipedream co's you haven't committed to it yet, pick a good cause,cancer research perhaps!

I'll be your first sponsor 50p per mile. I'm sure there will be others on here who will do the same it could be just that extra bit of motivation you need to reach your goal

plus 1

Same for me if you do it and havent had a smoke.

foamy start it as a new topic see what interest you get, we could even organize a meet to come and support you. Could be a good day out.

It's a big undertaking, I'm more concerned about getting it all organised, starting the marathon, getting halfway and missing/shiting myself and collapsing, need to get a few longer runs in first and see how I get on, maybe start with a half marathon

It's a big undertaking, I'm more concerned about getting it all organised, starting the marathon, getting halfway and shiting myself,

I'm sure if Saint Paula survived that, then you can mate.

Anyway it would be worth coming down just to witness that :hah::hah:

Hope it works out for you.

I have been smoking now for longer than i haven't.

Marlboro Reds stolen from a friends dad. Crazy but whats done is done.

I am glad the governmental bodies are pushing hard to discourage new smokers.

Disgusting habit and i feel ashamed that i have given power to it

I am glad the governmental bodies are pushing hard to discourage new smokers.

Discouraging with facts is one thing, putting pictures of fucking needles on my packets of fags is just retarded- i doesn't effect me smoking them but my younger family members see the pack with the guy with his neck all inflated from cancer. It's only my family members that are getting upset by it- not me.

I mean comparing a ciggy to fucking heroin is.....just plain old dumb (if that's what they were trying to say). Its the same as schools and drug speeches. The coppers come in and tell you if you so much as have a puff on a joint you will end up in jail, on heroin, no family no job, or just pain crazy, but the thing is a few of these kids have tried weed or possibly there parents smoke it or whatever and they can see that they have been lied too so they don't really listen to advise about it- which in turn makes them question other 'facts' they have been told. c'mon you guys, you must have had a copper come into school and talk about drugs and how if you touched cannabis you would destroy your life.

abit off topic but all i am trying to say is, there is a difference between telling people the facts and letting them make their own minds up from this or just pain trying to scare them. so quit putting horrible pictures on my baccy pouches PLEASE. At the end of my day i am an adult- i make my own mind up! no amount of scare tactics will change my mind, all it does is make my family more upset about it! WANKERS

Wheres all the pictures of yellow people on booze bottles eh? or kids going sick in their sleep while pissed out of there heads and choking on sick?! or the figures of how many people die of alcohol! or how much we have to spend as a country to clean up the mess after a weekend, how much extra we have to give the NHS due to it. jut pisses me off that they keep hassling us smokers but from my experience a few kids will try smoking before they are 18, BUT damn near every kid will try booze before they are 18.

:soapbox:

graphicimagescigarettep.jpg

how the fuck is that acceptable^! like i said there is none of that on bottles of booze! or deep fried food for the 3rd pack!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online