DT125 Fuel Starvation?

SomeGuy64
This post is 5275 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm not sure what it is but I was riding along and it starts, it wasn't so bad at first but it got so bad that I couldn't open the throttle at all. As soon as I opend up the throttle it wouldn't go but it would go if I used a tiny bit of throttle.

My sisters bf thought it might have been the reeds we took them out and they were fine, put it back together started it up and it ran fine. Its been running fine for about 2 weeks and its started again but its not so bad at the minute its only happend once but was fine once I slowed down and started off agian.

Does any one know what might be causing this? Its an 01 DT125R.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It started again on the way home form college, it was fine on the way there but when I went to leave at the end of the stay it feels like it doesnt get enough fuel if I use any throttle. I had to ride it home with just a tiny bit of throttle. Any know what it might be?

Choke might be stuck on.

You could have an air leak.

Fuel tap has a blocked filter.

Overall I don't think you have a tough problem. Just a little niggly one.

Choke might be stuck on.

You could have an air leak.

Fuel tap has a blocked filter.

Overall I don't think you have a tough problem. Just a little niggly one.

Choke isn't stuck on I checked that, I'll check the filter on the fuel tap tomorow, I was also told that it might be the breathing tube but I tryed running with cap off tank didn't work. How could I check for an air leak? I think it might be the filter because I took the tank off when I checked the reeds and it stopped for a while once I did that maybe its that.

Choke isn't stuck on I checked that, I'll check the filter on the fuel tap tomorow, I was also told that it might be the breathing tube but I tryed running with cap off tank didn't work. How could I check for an air leak? I think it might be the filter because I took the tank off when I checked the reeds and it stopped for a while once I did that maybe its that.

Guy at shop thought it might be the carb clogged up, took it out and it was nice and clean also ran some carb cleaner through the engine.

I noticed that there was a tear in the fuel tube which cutting the fuel tube shorter to remove rip and fitting it on seems to have fixed, think it was sucking too much air in through the tear.

• 4 years later...

hmm this happned on my old derbi senda, what it was, my jet in my carb had come loose and was in the float bowl! lol!!! put it back in was fine, but your problem sounds like either too much fuel, not enough air, orr not enough fuel, so check your jets, try upjetting, or down jetting :) hope this helps :D

I'm not sure what it is but I was riding along and it starts, it wasn't so bad at first but it got so bad that I couldn't open the throttle at all. As soon as I opend up the throttle it wouldn't go but it would go if I used a tiny bit of throttle.

My sisters bf thought it might have been the reeds we took them out and they were fine, put it back together started it up and it ran fine. Its been running fine for about 2 weeks and its started again but its not so bad at the minute its only happend once but was fine once I slowed down and started off agian.

Does any one know what might be causing this? Its an 01 DT125R.

Could be water in the float bowl, the main jet sits the lowest so could be blocked with water and the pilot jet is higher and in petrol, that could be why it dies on bigger throttle openings...ie when the main jet should come into play...drain the float bowl and try again...if that doesnt fix it then maybe the main jet is blocked.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online