ah shite, not again -.-

wild foamy
This post is 3979 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Woke up to a very nice email from eBay today, "you have won the auction for..."

Meet the new project... 'Mong' :/

1983-SR125_zps92a4b61d.jpg

SR125_zps0a9a469a.jpg

Hopefully this one will be a quick turn-around.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah, fuck this im going to stop drinking, or change my password to something harder to remember when im pissed.

Atleast if i can get it rideable for Squires i wont have to ride a H*nda there :P

£100... Buuuuuut...

Mileage unknown

no keys

wheels and brakes ceised

missing indicator lens

battery is toast

tyres look deformed (and probably are perished)

plastics probably faded

mudguard needs new paint

maybe it runs, maybe it doesnt

dent in the tank

Not sure wether to tart it up and sell it or break it for parts, problem is they are only worth £500 tops when they are in good nick, and parts are cheap anyway so not much point in breaking it, it even has a V5 so no reason why it couldnt go back on the road, be a shame to let another classic go to waste :(

Well foamy I have a manual if you want to pm me your address and I'll send it down to you. My boy ran his for 2 years and only "lost" £50 when selling

(Whisper it, but when I saw the title, I thought this was going to be another 'grouching' episode....sorry mate)

• Like 1

Give it time Jimmy, there are plenty of Grouchy moments to come with this one i think..................................Sorry Foamy i hope all goes well, i really do

Why not turn it into a little business buy them cheap, get them to start up and at least ride then flog them off to someone to restore and make your self a little profit?

If they already start up and ride then tart them up with a bit of T cut and fix the REALLY cheep cosmetic parts and flog on. :eusa_think:

Not a bad idea Noise, although i know for sure there is money in breaking the DT50s, i sold the shock, swingarm and carb off the last one for £70, so thats pretty much my initial investment paid for

No thats just the done thing for you RAF boys, see if you joined the real mans gang then you'd be too busy to masturbate and buy silly things off of Ebay. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, as if i would want to spend months on end on a boat at sea with lots of men, scrubbing the decks with lots of men, down in the galley with lots of men...

pfft... gay :P

That SR doesn't look half bad Foams.

Hardtail it, forward controls and lose the plastic. Get a few beers down you and go onto fleabay for a welder and a big angle grinder :thumb:

Nah that sounds like effort, plus ive never really been a fan of hacked bikes, too many people have done it.

aslong as i can get the barrel out and cut a key blank to fit with the pins in (shouldnt be too hard, worked on the XJ alright), then if it starts i will give it a quick coat of paint, buff the plastics and i may even put it through an MOT if nothing needs doing then flog it on, ive already got a battery on order and bought a new indicator lens for £2.50, from the photos all i can see that is missing are the rear indicators.

if it doesnt run i will break it for parts, would be such a shame to let a near-complete classic bike go to waste, but tbh i really dont want/need it

Yeah, as if i would want to spend months on end on a boat at sea with lots of men, scrubbing the decks with lots of men, down in the galley with lots of men...

pfft... gay :P

Sorry im not that gay I used to spend weeks in a dark Forest under a sheet snuggled up to men. Nothing like being a grunt on the front line

Ah fair point, i think it was mikey who was in the navy, my bad

anyway, i like my warm comfy duvet too much, the though of running around a field jumping over things with the rain pouring out of every crack i have doesnt seem to appeal :)

Nah that sounds like effort, plus ive never really been a fan of hacked bikes, too many people have done it.

aslong as i can get the barrel out and cut a key blank to fit with the pins in (shouldnt be too hard, worked on the XJ alright), then if it starts i will give it a quick coat of paint, buff the plastics and i may even put it through an MOT if nothing needs doing then flog it on, ive already got a battery on order and bought a new indicator lens for £2.50, from the photos all i can see that is missing are the rear indicators.

if it doesnt run i will break it for parts, would be such a shame to let a near-complete classic bike go to waste, but tbh i really dont want/need it

hey foamy that looks the same colour as my xs, tip I bought a can of canbrush candy red c011 off ebay, sprayed over silver basecoat its a very close match, really nice finish too