my XVS1100 Custom Bobber

Grave
This post is 4022 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

wrappe12.jpg

XVS1100 Custom (2006)

Stage 1, remove as much chrome as possible!

Custom made Vance & Hines Shortshots copies (baffles in the bin)

Kuryaken Hypercharger (now disconnected)

K & N Pod Filters (fitted under tank)

Bobber Kit, courtesy of Blue Collar Bobbers (hats off to anyone who does a bobber conversion off their own back)

4" forward extensions, lowered suspension, LED bling engine & underside (in case anyone was wondering what the switch on the battery compartment was for)

custom made mesh front grill & various bits n' pieces including all lights, mirrors, drag-style bars, etc...

wrapped2.jpg

vstarshorties1.jpg

vstarshorties2.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Very smart mate, i do like this. Never been too keen on that front light tho, is it any good?

Very smart mate, i do like this. Never been too keen on that front light tho, is it any good?

i know what you mean there. the longer i've had it the less impressed with it i am. main reason i've kept it though is that i havent seen another one on the road over here.

despite the size of it, it does give a very good beam. far brighter & further than the stock headlight.

normal light is one side, main beam the other or if you have normal beam on and press the main-beam trigger, both come on at the same time and will illuminate everything in front of you for a fair distance.

I still love those pipes! have you got brackets further down supporting them or are they just held in place via the bolts in the cylinder? ive been looking at the V&H short shots but bit pricey at close to £400

I still love those pipes! have you got brackets further down supporting them or are they just held in place via the bolts in the cylinder? ive been looking at the V&H short shots but bit pricey at close to £400

only bolted on at the heads and connected with a small bracket around the back just after they run together. because of the size of them there was no need to hold them to the bike at the tail-end.

$200 (less than 140 of your sterling quid) and you could probably have them shipped for a further 50. mind you, we did chop the exhaust joints off the stock pipes which is a foolproof way of making sure a set of custom pipes will fit back onto the heads.

Yer im still un sure of what style exhaust im going to have made yet, i need to sort out the frame first and decide what exhaust style will fit the frame. Im leaning to a two into one with a big fat turn out.