Oil for a 1982 Yamaha 100 enduro

This post is 4066 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Other than the 2 cycle oil that goes in the tank what other oils or fluids do I need to add? If you are sitting on the bike on the seft side below the carb there is a bolt with a gasket on it and a spring under it. I took out the bolt and there appears to be oil or fluid there. How much and white tipe do I put in? On the right side next to the kick start there is a plastic cap with a dip stick on it. This compartment is empty. What type or weight of oil or fluid do I put in?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a good quality motorcycle specific 10w30 or sae30 gear oil , do not use car synthetic oil it can make the clutch slip.it should tell you how much oil is needed on the casting near the filler, I would drain the old oil and fill completely with new

The bolt on left side [top of casing] with spring is the neutral detent "ball" , leave this alone, :yeah: ,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online