are you willing to help??

beef
This post is 1792 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

following on from a few topics on here, and on a couple of other forums i am on, i am going to start a ''ARE YOU WILLING TO HELP'' thread.

i have read a few topics about people needing things done to their vehicle but due to the owners lack of ability or knowledge or confidence then they have either put the work off and made it worse or sent it to a garage to get the work done.

for example one of the guys on a off roading forum i am on wanted to fit a lift kit to his car, springs, spacers, new shocks. i have done it and he is only a few miles away, he was quoted just shy of £400 to get it fitted.

after some discussion i said i was happy to help him fit it if he came to me with the car and all the bits.

it took us two hours to do it, the lad learned how to do it, understands how it all goes together. or if repairs are needed then he knows how ect. and he saved £400. he gave me a crate of beers, which i didnt ask for.

so basically post if you are willing to help some one local to you with their bike problems, and i mean hands on help not just advice online.

all you gotta do is say where you are and what you are willing to do.

beef, oldham manchester, general maintenance and modifications, replacing of parts. got a garage and a few general tools.

• Like 5

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Noise (AKA Keith) Yeovil Somerset. Um...................all sorts, Carb re-jetting general bits and bobs. Im no expert, just a keen DIY'er that is more than happy to lend another set of hands and half a brain cell. ;)

• Like 2

Martin-- Stroud-- Gloucestershire, If you can think it I can probably fit it, got a garage and LOTS of tools. Always willing to help out if I can and always nice to meet new folks. Retired so lots of time to and before you all say it YES that makes me a lucky git. :jossun:

Electrics or mechanical.

• Like 1

drewps Mancunia.

can service the missus for ya!

nah, I can do most things or know someone who can. I gave Paul his first Chinese burn the other week, FOC :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Foamy - Wolverhampton & Berkshire, will try most things once apart from sodomy, not really had much experiance with valvetrain/whirlybits, but stuff like making exhaust brackets, servicing e.t.c im happy to help with :),

• Like 1

Why wasn't this thread started a week ago lol? I have a basic knowledge but probably nothing useful. It would be good though to shadow/observe to learn for myself.

Bradford, West Yorkshire

grouch your post was one of the ones that prompted me to start this. yours couple with a few others on here and other forums.

grouch your post was one of the ones that prompted me to start this. yours couple with a few others on here and other forums.

It's a great idea I hope it lifts off.

Any way of doing an interactive map/widget? i vaguely remember there being a "members location" sorta map which showed you on google where the users were in the world

I'll help out anyone in need.(apart from VFR's engine wise as a right pain in the arse) I'll service a bike once after that I'll expect him/her to do it them selves, other general stuff & help no problem can do most bikes fairly new to 2 strokes but apart from the engine (still learning) they are basically the same as 4 strokes.

South Birmingham.

Rough dot to where i am, If you need any help send me a PM and will give you the full address.

O and before you say, No i don't live in that field, lol

http://goo.gl/maps/OWjMr

Rough dot to where i am, If you need any help send me a PM and will give you the full address.

O and before you say, No i don't live in that field, lol

Oh yes you do, don't lie :)

noise-house_zps1fea2436.jpg

:P

• 3 weeks later...

If I can hit something with a hammer for you I will LOL I can spray paint most things as my collage teacher said but my knowledge of the engine is limited at the min but I'm working on it LOL