mikuni carb questions

sekocher
This post is 4104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently purchased a new mikuni carb off ebay as per suggestions on here. It went on fine, bu it seems to be missing the hole for the oil injection line. It is not drilled out. Am I missing something.? It fired first kick, but after noticing the oil line we shut it down. Thoughts and thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip " its either off a Moto xer, [ pre-mix] or a fake aftermarket carb, as they are blank, have you the old carb,? if so remove the brass stub,[ oil inlet] size a drill to suit [ not bigger ] :eusa_naughty: and drill it thru to airway,,, :thumb:

The brass stub will come out,,, :yeah: gentle twist with plyers ,,, its getting the hole size correct is a biggee, has to be tight fit,,,,

Thanks, it came out fine. We drilled a hole and it was a little loose, so we put a very small amount of liquid steel around it and let it set up. It was easier than I thought. I need to replace the hose that carries the oil to the carb. I will post pics soon. It runs great, it has more pickup then I expected. We got the bike new years day, not running and today was the first time we got it running. It has been a fun project. Many thanks

Man, I feel bad that that thing turned into a headache for you, but glad you got it working! If I had a dollar for every part I bought on ebay that said "fits 1976-1981 dt175", which I then had to modify, return, or throw in my misc parts box. . . :shrug:

Be sure to replace the oil pump line with clear and check the minimum pump stroke if you haven't already. Too much stroke and you just fog the neighborhood, but too little and the piston goes pop. Good job with the fix! Have fun riding!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online