Learning to Ride on the Road #WhatBike?

JAYCEE 93
This post is 4101 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ive been looking to upgrade to a larger bike for the past month now and Im seeing that it is an expensive business.

Im thinking if Im going to go out and spend some serious money why not go for a license aswell.

So far the 2013 Yamaha WR125R has caught my eye, Im 19 at the moment and going by law (I think) I could learn to ride up to 350cc bikes but I thought hey why not just start low see how I get on.

Ive heard that you can de restrict these 125s aswell? But again Im new to the scene and eager to find out more.

Any Information would be appreciated!

Cheers,

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can only due restrict 125 two strokes. Four strokes such as WR's you can only buy those add on exhausts which give a little bit more H.P. max speeds from a 125 4 stroke is about 65 mph give or take. I think those YZF-125's do 80 mph.

It all depends what you want, four strokes are slower but a lot more reliable and providing its a Jap bike more or less maintenance free. Two strokes are faster but a lot more expensive to run because you have to buy top quality two stroke oil, and have to regularly maintain them doing engine rebuilds after about 10,000 miles.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online