Oil will be history,,

blackhat250
This post is 4108 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ten years?

Nah. The oil industry will continue find/exploit new reserves and the new technologies wont be made available until they (in conjunction with the governments who use it as a revenue raiser) have made us use every last drop. They'll use the tag of "peak oil passed" to keep the price jacked up (more revenue for govts)

As you may have noticed, I'm a Cynic on this one

Eh hem. Im the original. And i totally agree.

Like the fact none of the oil companies are shouting about the ethanol they are adding.

However, if we do end up with ALL electric vehicles....due to health and safety they will probably have to have a "noise maker" added so you can hear them coming!!!

I bet we'll have a load of EU rules too, so everybody will sound like ice cream vans!!!

OR they'll have different "sounds" for different vehicles

OR "Greensleeves" for cars!, Beethoven for trucks! and motorbikes?.....................Terminator intro! B)

You would need a huge extension lead to plug these in if you lived in a block of flats.

Although electric vehicles are known for their torque, the video wasn't exciting as most peoples ride to work. They may as well have used a mobility scooter.

I will stick to oil based products - thank you - until they get banned............................then it's moon shine!!!!!

• Like 1

Oil/fossil fuels will still be needed, to power the power staions to charge these white elephants , solar panesl are useless at night , windmills are useless if the winds stops blowing , to much hype about green energy goes on, There is a village near us that decided to go for al the options windmill solar panels, heat exchangers ,

they had an open day a couple of years ago, they sat us down and lectured what the costs where, how much they where saving etc, i did a few quick calculaitons in my head, and when he asked if antone had anything to say i said did you workout how longit wil take to pay al this back on savings etc ,

there was a silence and i said i have roughly worked it out withut any maintenance /replacments of units just on your original costs and calculated savings it will take 180 years, and yuo tell us the windmill only has an effctive life of about 35 years ,

then came all the spiel about thats not the point etc etc .

Oh I have air source central heating, the car farting produces more heat so i feed him pickled onions now , the bloody thing uses immersion heaters to back it up in cold weatther

Eh hem. Im the original. And i totally agree.

Like the fact none of the oil companies are shouting about the ethanol they are adding.

I bow to your superior cynicsicm :hail:

Basically, the oil barons are diluting the fuel, everyones at it, even the beefburger processors :hungry:

Basically, the oil barons are diluting the fuel, everyones at it, even the beefburger processors :hungry:

" 100% Pure Beef Hamburger " it's been going on for years.

wasnt the horse..

if your talking about car vs bike..
i dunno looks like it was filmed to make the car look like it was better.
but it also looked like they were doing about 40mph max. with the car constantly out performing the bike, and the bike having no acceleration.

I am still waiting for someone to produce an electric car that generates its own elec. Nothing going mechanically to the wheels. Something sensible sized. Running lpg or diesel. either can be produced indefinately if you use methanol to replace the lpg.

No fancy gimmics or bull. Just a car. All the funky gimmiky bullshit left of.

You know, grill vents that open to save drag (is anybody nieve enough to think that makes a difference). Self parking. Oh come on....bluetooth and satnav.....why?

Make em efficient simple. Minimal impact. Oh and make them last.

Bean counters will be the death of us all.

I am still waiting for someone to produce an electric car that generates its own elec. Nothing going mechanically to the wheels. Something sensible sized. Running lpg or diesel. either can be produced indefinately if you use methanol to replace the lpg.

No fancy gimmics or bull. Just a car. All the funky gimmiky bullshit left of.

You know, grill vents that open to save drag (is anybody nieve enough to think that makes a difference). Self parking. Oh come on....bluetooth and satnav.....why?

Make em efficient simple. Minimal impact. Oh and make them last.

Bean counters will be the death of us all.

Amen "build it and they will come"

I`d like to see that, but my opinion is that until we have oil, we will look at the electrics concepts which will be stored in a drawer waiting for a better society... Just look at the all great engine designs who are more efficient than current Oto/Diesel piston engine...

There is one Macedonian scientist who can made current engine to work without fumes. He won the first price for innovation at Deaf World/Hearing World in 1996, but his invention was not accepted from car manufacturers. His invention currently is build in his car (Fiat from 1985) and it is kept in his garage bricked from all side to prevent stealing. He also invent chimney extend who do the same thing with fumes from houses/plants.

Short video of his home made laboratory (if you can call it like that).

cant help but think that the second one would be much more efficient and provide more tourque if it was using liquid instead of air. could still use a manual pump but would need to be a sealed circuit with only liquid in it.
id probably go for some sort of oil which would help with lubrication.. some high temperature oil would be the bets idea..

but i dont see how practicall it would be for any one unless it was actually powerd by a small internal combustion engine that worked the pump at variable speeds for diferent acceleration purpouses..

Thats the joy of internal combustion.. its easy to regulate the cycle of the piston.. or i should probably say the rpm of teh engine..

Electro magnets enjoy the same easy variable rpm which makes them viable, although currently rediculous alternataves..
I could not affoard to charge a car up every night on the price of electricity.. It would probably work out at about £40 for 8 hours of charging.. and even then the range of the battery's is never going to justify it..

if you could run an electric car/bike for a week without the need to recharge or worry about the range. and then it only took 40/80 seconds to fully charge and costed about £30 to do that.. then it would be a sure fire hit..
but electricity isnt going to get any cheaper. the batteries may get better and last longer, but they will only take longer to charge..

and the alteranatve is to have an internal combustion engine acivly charging as you drive..

so while i like the idea of sustainable motoring that dont rely on fossil fules.
the Only reall option would be to have a fule tank full of water. which then has electricity passed through it seperating it in to its component parts, then have a second tank to trap the hydrogen... and use that as your internal combustion fuel..
But thats not a good option either because water is not infinet. and to use water in such a manner would be disgracefull when so many places have constant droughts..

so in my oppinion.. The real chalange should be to find a renewable sustainable fuel for combustion engines which burns clean.
And my vote is to start looking at refining pine resin.

• Like 1

cant help but think that the second one would be much more efficient and provide more tourque if it was using liquid instead of air. could still use a manual pump but would need to be a sealed circuit with only liquid in it.

id probably go for some sort of oil which would help with lubrication.. some high temperature oil would be the bets idea..

but i dont see how practicall it would be for any one unless it was actually powerd by a small internal combustion engine that worked the pump at variable speeds for diferent acceleration purpouses..

Thats the joy of internal combustion.. its easy to regulate the cycle of the piston.. or i should probably say the rpm of teh engine..

Electro magnets enjoy the same easy variable rpm which makes them viable, although currently rediculous alternataves..

I could not affoard to charge a car up every night on the price of electricity.. It would probably work out at about £40 for 8 hours of charging.. and even then the range of the battery's is never going to justify it..

if you could run an electric car/bike for a week without the need to recharge or worry about the range. and then it only took 40/80 seconds to fully charge and costed about £30 to do that.. then it would be a sure fire hit..

but electricity isnt going to get any cheaper. the batteries may get better and last longer, but they will only take longer to charge..

and the alteranatve is to have an internal combustion engine acivly charging as you drive..

so while i like the idea of sustainable motoring that dont rely on fossil fules.

the Only reall option would be to have a fule tank full of water. which then has electricity passed through it seperating it in to its component parts, then have a second tank to trap the hydrogen... and use that as your internal combustion fuel..

But thats not a good option either because water is not infinet. and to use water in such a manner would be disgracefull when so many places have constant droughts..

so in my oppinion.. The real chalange should be to find a renewable sustainable fuel for combustion engines which burns clean.

And my vote is to start looking at refining pine resin.

What like methane maybe. Comes from shit. One thing we sure as hell aint going to run out of.

Work on processing that for the future then we can phase out the current cars. That thinking could work. Oh hang on. Oil companies would lose. Nother one burried.

I may live up to my username here but untill some eco disaster happens NOTHING substantial will happen unless the oil companies have a very big piece of it.

The chinese will bring out summat, :yeah: , they don give two hoots who they offend, as long as thers money in it ,,

the only problem with methaine is that its going to pollute lots..
if you use pine trees atleast they love Co2 and store it up. they also grow prety fast, and the more co2 they get the more seeds they produce..
they also secreet pine resin. which is nice and flamable.
It would need a lot of land. and a lot of refining so the oil companys could get a slice of the pie.

would be a shame to knock down all other un needed trees.. like birch and beach.. which in a world of motoring are generally useless.
but if you did that and just had vast areas of pine trees you could probably fule the world on the stuff whilst they went ahead and sucked up all the co2 making them grow faster..

Now i have never studied how much resin one tree will actually be able to yeild in a year. or how many trees you would actually need.
and its quite possibly a rediculous idea,
But in hypothetical terms. it is quite an elequent sustainable solution for a renewable and relitivly clean source. "self cleaning"

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online