tw 125

armfaw
This post is 4133 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi.

i have a 2000 tw, that wont start unless you tip some petrol in the carb?... had it apart cleaned it, still wont start... could it be the choke?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Perhaps but not necessarily

How exactly do you 'Tip petrol into the carb' ?

unscrew the top of the carb.... the choke dont seem to be doing anything.. once its started and warm its fine... just had it rebored new piston....new cam chain and tentioner and guide..

Providing the rebore has been done properly then I would say the coke isnt working too. I would also check the fuel line, fuel filter and clean the petrol tap. It sound like you are missing that initial squirt of fuel to get combustion without doing this manually. When the engine fires the fuel system gets a helpful suck to help it along.

Providing the rebore has been done properly then I would say the coke isnt working too. I would also check the fuel line, fuel filter and clean the petrol tap. It sound like you are missing that initial squirt of fuel to get combustion without doing this manually. When the engine fires the fuel system gets a helpful suck to help it along.

there is petrol in the bowl, also in the in-line filter... so its drawing?... we've been through all that. the choke plunger was seized we unsiezed it, now we think its gone baggy?..

OK but the fuel still needs to get from the carb to the cylinder. With the coke on, the mix of fuel and air will be different but even with the choke off, the bike would still be doing its best to run. Have you cleaned out the carb especially the cold starting part of it? You may need to check/replace the starter set. LINKY

OK but the fuel still needs to get from the carb to the cylinder. With the coke on, the mix of fuel and air will be different but even with the choke off, the bike would still be doing its best to run. Have you cleaned out the carb especially the cold starting part of it? You may need to check/replace the the starter set. LINKY

just been out and messed about with it, took the choke plunger out put my finger over the hole it came out of, and it started first time, looks like it was the spring stopping the choke going on all the way, so ajusted the spring, put it back together and it starts first time... bloody thing, been messing with it for months, and it took 10 mins... :)

But hopefully fixed now and for cheap money.

hopefully, i'll try it in the morning. if it starts ideal if not i'll kick it....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online