Hi all

This post is 4131 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all my name is paul everyone calls me paulo i have owned my yzf r125 since passing my cbt 6mths ago

and now im going to do my unrestricted liscence in the next few weeks theory and hazard already passed and was thinking of getting a thundercat as my first big bike about P or R regd due to funds and was just seeing what you guys thought of this

thanks look forward to your replys

cheers

Paulo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers dirtydt would that be a good thing to look for when searching the sales sections and what would you recommend for first big bike?

Cheers

Paulo

A lot of R6's have 2nd gear issues. I may be abused for saying this but I would go for a SV650 (I own one) - yep, not a Yami I know. If you want a yami a Fazer or XJ would be ideal. Also the MT-03 is worth a look but they are a single and underpowered but very funky.

• Like 1

haha yes i see abuse heading your way :biglaugha: thanks for the advice mate and will be letting all know how i get on with my test.

Cheers

Paulo

Good luck and, if you feel like it, stick around. There is still a lot of great info on the site and most of us don't bite. I don't have enough bits to build a full Yami yet and they still let me on here.

haha yep will be sticking around mate i have took to long over starting my biking career as both my brothers have been riding awhile now

and now cant get me off it well apart from now still not figured out how to use laptop while riding haha

thanks again for advice and i wont be shy asking for it again haha

Paulo

Welcome paulo" thers also the XT550 tenier 600, my mate has a KLE500 , light and comfy , it depends on your taste , you may like sportsbikes,, :jossun:

• Like 1

Hi Poalo , the thundercats are not the same bike as an r 6 , I had an R 6 2001 , the last carb model , all I can say about that bike was fukin fast , it's a big step up from a 125 , I don't know your riding history or wether you have risen a 600 before , it took me a while to relax on it and ride it properly , I toured all over Europe on it and can say it was totally reliable , I only ever changed the oil and filters and chain sprockets and spark plug after doing over 22000 miles on it , my advice would be to go to Dand K in Newcastle under Lyme , you can drop the guys there a £ 10 and test ride any bike you want ( they have everything from super bikes to tourers ) , for a good two hours or more , I'm sure they will have a thundercat and an r 6 or three ! The thundercat would be more forgiving over to you !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online