dtre coolant leak exhaust

robertdtr
This post is 4144 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello guy an into a problm today when replacing exhaust bolts, after checking to see the bolt fitted i removed it and coolant drained from the hole, with my limited knowedge i think it has punctured a waterjacket. If this is the case would someone with more knowledge tell me hiw to repair this. thanks,robert.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

that sounds bad, im not sure if you can fix that without a new cylinder - if you put the bolt back in does it stop? if it does im not sure you might get away with running it like that but if it was me i'd be looking for a new one....

how long was the bolt?

ken

Thanks for the quick reply, the bolt looked to be the same size when lining the two up so I was shocked to see the coolant appear. It did stop when I put it back in but I'm not happy with running it atm I'm guessing a new cylinder won't be cheap either?

well i have a cylinder right here with me that has a fresh liner so its running stock bore 56mm, ive sprayed it with heat resistant engine paint - dont want much for it pal and can do the transaction over fleebay but sit tight and see what the others recomend as its a pain in the asse doing the topend.

you will have the run in period aswell so would hate to advise you on something not necessary

is it just a drip or a steady flow? if its a drip im sure you can get additives that can fix it like a radiator puncture gunk

cheers

ken

Fleabay for a cylinder (or see above).

A threaded stud with a little red high strength thread lock would possibly bodge it.

2808220247634040_1.jpg

mine is a dt125r 2003 has the markings of "3mb00" on the side

i paid £70 posted for it pal its a little expensive i know i can link you to the ebay transaction for proof...

dont worry if you dont want it i bought it as backup belive it or not lol but as my current cyclinder is on stock bore i have another couple of rebores before i would need it.

ken

Wouldnt bother me as much as why the water was coming out.

I would guess at it being drilled due to a previously siezed unit maybe. Once your happy there is no mechanical issue.

Any good quality motor sealant, RTV for example will be fine. The wifes nissan has several bolt fixings that are directly into water galleries and they seal the same way.

I'm not saying its right but a blob of snot on the threads at reassembly may well be all thats needed.

im in no rush too sell it pal so if you do want it just give me the nod and ill hoy it on ebay for ye...

dont think i can sell to you on here as you dont have 100 feedback? unless someone can tell me its ok?

cheers

ken

....dont think i can sell to you on here as you dont have 100 feedback? unless someone can tell me its ok?

cheers

ken

Professional membership = you can sell private stuff on here. Just start a thread in the for sale section when you are ready if that is easier.

cool well if you want it on here robertdtr you can have it for £60, ill throw up a forsale thread when you are ready!

ill give you the savings i would have received from not having to pay ebay and paypal fees!!!

cheers

ken

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online