1989 fzr600

nipper280383
This post is 4171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok I just bought a project bike. It's an fzr600 f reg. It has had loads if mods done to the bike but I want to put it back to original. Well at least try anyway. I'm finding it hard to get hold of a sub frame as the one on the bike has been chopped for a single seat conversation. Also when I go to start the bike its like it's not getting any power. The lights work but when the start button is pressed they do very dim. I have charged the battery but still no different. Please help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fleabay is possibly your best bet for a subframe. It may be a case of just looking until one turns up.

You need to explain the start up issues a little better. I get that the lights dim.

Does the bike turn over? If so, fast or slow.

Does the starter of relay just click?

Have you checked the plugs for sparks and changed the fuel?

Have you taken the plugs out and pushed the bike in gear to see if the engine is not seized?

Fleabay is possibly your best bet for a subframe. It may be a case of just looking until one turns up.

You need to explain the start up issues a little better. I get that the lights dim.

Does the bike turn over? If so, fast or slow.

Does the starter of relay just click?

Have you checked the plugs for sparks and changed the fuel?

Have you taken the plugs out and pushed the bike in gear to see if the engine is not seized?

The bike doesnt turn over. i have checked all fuel and plugs they seem fine. engine not seized. The starter solenoid makes a noice and so does the relay. thats about it .

Does the starter or relay make a clicking sound?

If so you need to clean all of the starter and relay terminals. You already said that the battery was charged but can you also jump the bike off another battery?

Does the starter or relay make a clicking sound?

If so you need to clean all of the starter and relay terminals. You already said that the battery was charged but can you also jump the bike off another battery?

no way of trying it on another battery until next week. i will carry on doing other bits on it.