2 Stroke gathering and YOC camping weekend 2013

Airhead
This post is 3868 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

JASON'S coming ................ Do i bring the chain saw, or just go with the hockey mask????????

Bugger me" thats later than usual " :eusa_shifty: ,,,Triples club are running to Andorra [alps] leaving That weekend,, :eusa_doh: and am booked,

Don"t tell me am gonna miss the biggee, :bawling:

Bugger me" thats later than usual " :eusa_shifty: ,,,Triples club are running to Andorra [alps] leaving That weekend,, :eusa_doh: and am booked,

Don"t tell me am gonna miss the biggee, :bawling:

You need yer tom tom sorting John, Andorras in the pyrennees mate not the Alps

Andorras in the pyrennees mate not the Alps

Hee" :icon_redface: well europe someplace,,,, Why have they changed the date of the 2 strokegathering,, :cussing: we had a vote on dates for Andorra, and we [ i] planned round the Squires meet, :closedeyes: now the"ve moved the goalposts,,, :icon_twisted:

would love to go to something like this! maybe one time ill get the balls to go further than the shops on my bike :(

go for it, its not too far for you. Any mechanical issues and the guy's will laugh help!

free camping too

You need yer tom tom sorting John, Andorras in the pyrennees mate not the Alps

could have been worst.... Honduras!

would love to go to something like this! maybe one time ill get the balls to go further than the shops on my bike :(

Around 125 miles each way. Slightly more than me and a lot less than 2wheels has done riding his DT125 from Ireland.

My TS last year was running like a pig and had no working lights when I left for Squires last year. It also has only just been rebuilt (excluding the engine which was an unknown) and had only covered 25 miles - to the MOT station and back - since 1995. Just see it as an adventure!

whats the crack there like? beer tents and all that?? used to go to biker bashes with the old man when i was younger on his jota was absolute mental-got myself in a state at the farm yard bash when someone brought home made wine in 2x 5 gallon demijohns on there trike along with a bag of wizz.... oh was i bad didnt know if i wanted to barf or go for a run lol!!!

this is something i am interested in but might have to leave it for a bit with my daughter being so young (2 months)...

hope you all have fun though ;)

whats the crack there like? .............

It is a regular hang out for locals so there are always bikes coming and going. Different events on different days throughout the year. It is an old pub with camping at the rear. Shower and toilet block. Normal full English, burgers and basic evening meals - most are edible. On the 2 stroke weekend there is a run out on Saturday to a cafe and back.

The forum "regulars" normally make their way to Squires for Friday afternoon.

Friday - Pitch up and then chew the fat, generally talk rubbish and verbally abuse each other until early evening. Then it is a meal and a few beers.

Saturday - Have a bit of brekkie and a brew. Continue with talking rubbish and get some fuel for the rideout. During the morning and early afternoon more non camping 2 strokes arrive and there is an area cordoned off for the bikes as the regular Squires hang out guys still turn up for a brew and burger. You just wander around the bikes bumping into other people who have just made the Saturday. At 2pm the 2 strokes ride out starts. I haven't been on the rideout yet but it is off to another biker cafe about 50 miles away, brew, and return. Park all the bikes up and then a beer and something to eat. I think there is a disco or the likes in one bar but the old folk just hang in the main area and keep away from the dad dancing.

Sunday - Pack up. Breakfast. Take the final opportunity to abuse everyone face to face for a while and then ride home.

Have a look at the link in my signature for videos of the last 2 years worth of bikes leaving on the run.

Dam blast, no more talking of this, am gutted, :icon_sad: . as it gets closer next year it will be unbearable, :eusa_boohoo:

We must meet up spring/ early summer, ,, farther south, so Dirty & jason can attend, :question:

& Speaking of two-wheels, he aint been on here for ages, not answerd PM"s ,, :icon_question:

Hi John. I did notice Pat hasn't been on for a while. I hope all is well with him and his family.

Happy to meet up during the year. I was thinking about the RBLR1000 this year but will swap that for another YOC meet during the year if we can get one organised. Personally I am not fussed where as I can always take the trusty SV and happy to ride it anywhere. I was thinking of changing it next year, maybe for a Yami this time. The trouble is I keep getting drawn to TDR's and Xt500's.

ooh, this sounds interesting :), will see what i can plan...

Still need to get shot of one of my minis (next weekend hopefully!), then get that XJ Turbo looking remotely like a motorcycle again... if not it looks like i will be making a trip on the fireblade, or the DT50... failing that it will be in the Kia... or the other Mini, assuming i can get that roadworthy, which doesnt look likely...