whats your preference.....

Cynic
This post is 4250 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Its something that i said at work and then wondered what everybody else thinks.

Having finally broken and put the winter lining in my jacket i accept its cold. Thing is i would far sooner ride in a dry 0 deg c or less, than 10 degrees and rain.

What about you lot?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip

Rather be cold but dry than warm 'n'wet (although sometimes thats good :icon_wink: )

I would lean slightly towards dry 0 degrees. It would be more definite but even with decent gloves and heated grips my fingers ache enough to make my eyes water with pain. Being the only bike in the bike bay is cool though!

Same at my place. 6 weeks ago you couldnt spit in the bike park.

There are 2 now.

Still so new to biking, but cold and dry is better. I can manage that easily by just layering up - plus I don't have to worry about drying anything out at work!

Quite like to pull my Buff over my nose and ride with my visor up at lower speeds, it's quite refreshing! :eusa_shifty:

Still so new to biking, but cold and dry is better. I can manage that easily by just layering up - plus I don't have to worry about drying anything out at work!

Quite like to pull my Buff over my nose and ride with my visor up at lower speeds, it's quite refreshing! :eusa_shifty:

+1

It's quite exhilarating at 6am and 30F here, but I'd rather be dry.

I find the main problem with riding in wet and warmer conditions is visors and glasses fogging up , i was riding the bike to work back in the summer rain or shine, then one morning had fog and nearly rode into the hedge a couple of times, i went out and spent the money was saving for a Tenere on a fiesta van, good move really, 50/60 mpg and nice and warm,

I hate all weathers!

I would ride in the cold and dry but i don't mind riding in the wet as long as i have good water proff trousers as i HATE having wet legs. I dont know what it is about having wet legs? its just a horrible feeling having your trousers stuck to your gentleman lumps and up ye' arse!

I would ride in the cold and dry but i don't mind riding in the wet as long as i have good water proff trousers as i HATE having wet legs. I dont know what it is about having wet legs? its just a horrible feeling having your trousers stuck to your gentleman lumps and up ye' arse!

Ha ha! Trust me, it isn't nice for a lady either... Jumping on a wet bike minus waterproof trousers and finding the water running off the tank and into your crotch isn't the best of feelings...! :icon_redface1:

Ha ha! Trust me, it isn't nice for a lady either... Jumping on a wet bike minus waterproof trousers and finding the water running off the tank and into your crotch isn't the best of feelings...! :icon_redface1:

Too true!!

Need I say more? ......... :eusa_whistle:

SnowDayX005.jpg

Ha i love that weather on the bike. The amount of stuck cars i have ridden round. Not to mention the epic traffic jams 2 flakes cause.....

Too true!!

Glad you can share in my woes Sacha!!

A great pic in the snow! Heres one lifted from a messageboard a while back. The owner has subsequently passed on, but I'm sure his spirit lives on in this picture

MZmark.jpg

personally i quite like a warm damp crotch :razz: , but on the other hand ? i don't like rain :eusa_think: .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online