Takes you back " 1970"s

blackhat250
This post is 4327 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Love it! Bon Scott was the best.

Love it! Bon Scott was the best.

Derby Assembly Rooms, mid 70s, ACDC just breaking over here, 1st tour. Hall full of seats for christs sake. Band struck up, everyone on the seats, security teams streak out and start flingin the chairs to the side of the hall, rapidly repeated by several hundred punters all doin the same. The place looked like a demolition site. Bon Scott carrying Angus around the hall among the punters on his shoulders still playin and singin

What a night.

I loved the 70s

Derby Assembly Rooms, mid 70s, ACDC just breaking over here, 1st tour. Hall full of seats for christs sake. Band struck up, everyone on the seats, security teams streak out and start flingin the chairs to the side of the hall, rapidly repeated by several hundred punters all doin the same. The place looked like a demolition site. Bon Scott carrying Angus around the hall among the punters on his shoulders still playin and singin

What a night.

I loved the 70s

Green with envy! course I may not have even been born yet. :(

Iron Maiden at the Foreskin Ruskin Arms, Manor Park.

Love Bruce Dickinson too!

Never got to see Bon Scott live, but saw them with Brian Johnston at the Apollo in Glasgow and they they were fuggin great.

Also saw them last year at Hampden park Glasgow, but at £60 a ticket and a restricted view and I was deeply disappointed

seen ac/dc

apollo manchester circa '79

NEC for those about to rock tour

'81 donnington

MEN arena couple years ago

Sorry about this but it just reminds me of how shit the music was then.

Ah well, I spose it always comes to preference.

Todays music fans are easily pleased. Manufactured pop/boy/girl bands who cant sing/play instruments/write music but are considrd to "look good" like all the apples in Tesco, and all look the same.

Gimme the pit that was the Nottingham Boat Club 1970s Saturday nights, a couple of hundred or so folk packed in, Iron Maiden/Diamond Head/Trapeze/Nutz/Quartz, and all for £2.50, bladdered, then drove home.

Sorry about this but it just reminds me of how shit the music was then.

Here more your style dave,,,

Thanks to Dirty DT, Drewry, & Blackhat 250 for confirming just how shit some of the music was. Though i will admit there were a few good heavy rock bands around then.

Thanks to Dirty DT, Drewry, & Blackhat 250 for confirming just how shit some of the music was. Though i will admit there were a few good heavy rock bands around then.

The more posts there are in this thread, the more I am starting to agree with you Steve. "Sideshow" was really bad.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online