CooCase V36 Wizard

Grover
This post is 4216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just fitted my new CooCase Wizard to the little YBR http://www.ghostbikes.com/products/luggage-top-cases-and-side-cases/4802-coocase-v36-wizard-luxury-topcase-36l-(v36-ll).html]LINKY

has anyone else ever fitted a powered top case? i found the electrical stuff to be far too fiddly to do without any instructions at all (except a bit in the manual that explains what each colour wire is... nothing about where the "brake" wire goes)

anyways, i managed to get the baseplate on without a problem (had to enlist my brother though... 2 hands aren't enough), then got to work running the cables under the seat space to the battery... only to find that the positive wire is too long, and the negative is too short (by about 300mm)

after a little thought, i decided to cut the brake wire shorter (it was about 350mm too long), and chock-block it to the end of the negative wire, piece of cake! and to confirm i hadn't spazzed anything up, the case bleeped to life as it automatically locked itself

now the tricky one: the brake light trigger.

dont know if this is the usual stuff, but after cutting the wire down, i deduced that i had to strip the end, and somehow get it to intergrate with the yellow wire running to the brake light bulb... the only problem was that it was wrapped up in insulation and tucked into a little nook, so it took a good 20 minutes to get the existing brake wire out, stripped and cut.

then as i tried to chock-block the three wires together, i discovered that i need a third hand, but by now my brother has gotten bored and cold and gone back in the house. so after another ten minutes, i finally got it all connected up

now i have a nice big top case, easily big enough for my lid (or some dog food and milk as i discovered shortly after), with a built in alarm, remote locking and axillary brake light! not bad for £130, considering it has a nice finish on it (matches the black bike perfectly)

anyone else ever had some fun with an electrical top box? or is it just me :P

thanks for reading

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

been thinking of some ways to secure the case to my bike to protect against theft (AFAIK theres no way to lock the case to the base plate), and the ebst i can think is to drill a couple of holes, and tun a bolt through the case and plate

can anyone think of a better way to keep the scumbags of britan from getting at my helmet whilst my back's turned? i'd rather not have to resort to no-nails and duct tape if possible, and discreet is probably best

thanks

ok, forget about the security problem, the case DOES lock to the plate, i just didnt lock it right :P

and all round, it seems like a really nice case, despite its size, i hardly even notice that its there (got it up to about 50 today, ill try 65 tomorrow and see if nothing comes off)

but based on other reviews, and video evidence, it seems to be INCREDIBLY durable, and i second that, its a really well built piece of kit, and i'd certainly recommend (can't compare it to any Givi or Kappa, since ive owned neither, but id have high expectations from them)

It's a very nice looking top case too. Only problem for me is I don't have a rack to mount one. :eusa_think:

Show us some pics of it on your bike. I would love to put a box on my bike but it would look gay lol, I'll stick to my rucksack lol.

will do next chance i get

and i used a rucksack, but once i'd filled it with all my uni stuff and gone an hour riding, my shoulders ached like a bitch, and letting it rest on the seat a little made it shift freely, for some real clencher moments.

with the gloss black finish on a black YBR, it looks great IMO, but each man to his own and all that stuff.

after today's ride to uni and back, ive found that i hardly notice its there, its big enough to carry my full rucksack (with a little convincing at least) or my full face helmet and gloves, with a little extra room on the sides (i guess i could fit another pair of winter gloves)

another bonus is the brake light (if you manage to wire it up good) which makes your brake signals much clearer to following traffic, just remember NOT TO SET THE CASE'S ALARM else the LEDs flash continuously, and this will certainly get you rear-ended if you need to stop in a hurry (some models have motion activated alarms as well, so you'll be reminded as soon as you lean for a bend, or accelerate for that matter)

il get some pics posted tomorrow whilst im out and about

laters

It sounds like a really good bit of kit, especially the extra brake lights. I don't think a box would look right on my XT though. I want it to look as much as an off roader/crosser type bike as I can. I would definitely get a box if I had the same style bike as yours though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online