Did the 125 DX ever come with an original headlight fairing?

Mastiff
This post is 4204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have bought a parts bike for my son's RD (some moron backed a trailer on it in a parking lot and bent the front end), and it has a fairing that according to the seller is original. Is that really true? It fits very well, but I haven't foune any pictures of these bikes with a similar fairing. It's not so different from my own RD 350 LCII's headlight fairing. The reason I ask is that the screen is broken, and I need to find out where I can get another one. He really wants to use that fairing! ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure about the ? is it stock,but making a new screen is pretty easy just warm up a piece of lexan in the oven and lay it over the old one it will form to it and then just cut an drill to fit.

Really? I didn't know that, thanks! Here's a couple of (bad cell phone) pictures of the fairing. I see that it has a Givi sticker under the screen, but it looks pretty standard and fits very well. Maybe it is a multi-purpose fairing anyway?

Fairing1.jpg

Fairing2.jpg

Fairing3.jpg

Fairing4.jpg

It may be a standard fairing, so I sent a message to Givi to ask if it's one they have made. I would like to have an original screen because I'm not sure if I can cut the profile good enough, and anyway I'd rather pay myself out of something like that than doing it. :)

Yep it's a genaric faring friend had the same one on a gs400 ,,,the new shiled will cost almost as much as a whole new faring.

Edit : thats a prety nice looking bike almost a shame to part it