Kick start problem, need some help folks

Marcus_dt125r
This post is 4214 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi when takin the crankcase off my dt125 to sort my water pump seal, my kick start mechanism came right out, I can't seem to get it back in correctly, has anyone got any how to walk throughs, diagrams or videos that could help me solve my problem

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok this is not easy to put to words but here goes.1st the whole thing fits in with the fixed end fitting into the boss in the case,so the steel square on the shaft fits in the boss of the case, then wind the spring towards the back and fit it into the hole in the case just below the gasket at about 11 oclock.

Hope that help mabey some one has a picture but if all else fails buy a manual

Yeah i got it sorted, just played about untill i got it, thanks for the help, next problem is that i wont be able to get a water pump housing gasket untill next month by the time it is ordered, any other ideas of sealin it?

Yep permatex "the right stuff" part # 30874 amazing stuff never ever failed me yet makes any gasket in 1 minute set time.