95 FZR600R REV COUNTER

KARNEVIL
This post is 6734 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi this is my first time on here so im hoping some one can help.

Iknow all about the rev counter needle flicking to 8k to show a fuel circuit problem but my bike does it all the time and there dosn't seem to be any problem with the fuel pump etc.I've recently (46 miles ago) stripped the bike to bare metal resprayed it and rebuilt every thing and cleaned all the electrical connections but its still doing it .Its done it since the warranty ran out ive had it since new the only way to stop it is to put it on reserve.It dosn't cause any problems but its annoying espesially when people keep telling me "you've got a fuel circuit problem there mate"Cheers :(

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Same bike and same problem. Bike was running fine, sent it in for new back tyre, service and MOT. I had specially not filled the bike with fuel to make it easier when they took the tank off. Got the bike back and took it easy with new back tire. Filled it up next morning and noticed the "tacho tango". Started gunning it after a few miles and it has a definite fueling problem as the engine suddenly splutters and it feels like Im running out of fuel but then just as suddenly the bike takes off again. I have now done 156 miles and looked into the tank this morning, there seems to be about a half liter of fuel in the tank but my fuel light has not come on.......nor has the bike grinded to a halt even though I have not switched over to reserve. The bike shop says my fuel tank looks murky and needs to be flushed. Im doubtfull but will update once this has been done. The spluttering is no longer as severe so this leeds me to think that maybe some blockage has shifted a bit???? PS. Never send your bike in on reserve as this can mask a problem when you get it back ;) also they have rechecked the wires and claim everything is OK.

i,ve heard about problems with the fuel switch sticking on other FZRs. its the worst possible design, sticking it on the fairing!! try shorting out the wires from the switch and see if that helps. that will prove the switch is ok.

• 4 months later...

Finally got round to sorting this. Bike shop was useless and it was such an obvious fault. I removed the tank, drained it and removed the entire "fuel sender" unit from the bottom. (All it takes is removing 6 screws). The wire which goes to the sensor which tells you that you've reached reserve was broken. And to think that a bike shop charging £50/hour just couldn't be bothered with a customer who has spent thousands there over the last 2 years.

It's scenario's like that Danger, that made me say "to Hell with Bike Shops!" :angry: ....& I used to work for one! :huh:

Last time I took 1 of my bikes to a shop, they did NOT solve my problem but yet still charged me $50 for just changing a fuse & spark plugs!.....Bastards!

I do ALL my own work now ;)

It sometimes may take me a bit longer to sort problems out, But my wallet doesn't get drained nearly as quick. :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online