New speedo, at last!

Grouch
This post is 4188 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

True, well proper off road bikes have a ground clearance around 300mm. I'm thinking of going for this one: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35c0fd234b

I have one of these if youre interested as iv sold my supermoto and it slotted straight under, you didnt have to lift the bike onto it. Any dirt bike will be able to take one of these stands with or without a bash plate as itl sit on the frame. I used it on a big 650 so it would be fine on a 125.

@Grouch, you can take wheels off with paddock stands, i know i can on my r6.

Also i think im in the wrong business, a mechanic/fitter sounds like a well paid job right about now!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have one of these if youre interested as iv sold my supermoto and it slotted straight under, you didnt have to lift the bike onto it. Any dirt bike will be able to take one of these stands with or without a bash plate as itl sit on the frame. I used it on a big 650 so it would be fine on a 125.

@Grouch, you can take wheels off with paddock stands, i know i can on my r6.

Also i think im in the wrong business, a mechanic/fitter sounds like a well paid job right about now!

I didn't realise, you would have to support it with something under the bash plate though?

Why? Paddock stands take the weight from the forks and the swingarm. When you use paddock stands the wheels are off the floor anyway so it wouldnt make any difference if the wheels were on or off the bike.

I have one of these if youre interested...

Thanks for the offer but the XT only has a ground clearance of 190mm and the lowest hight for DRC HC2 is 250mm so some lifting would still be required - I know, being a right lazy git here lol. I had a look at some of the paddock stands at the garage and they seem perfectly suitable for your average DIY tasks so I'll probably head down this week to get one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online