New =] go easy

G.muir
This post is 4283 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

New to this and new to the bike aswell. I was into my cars (yes, triator I know) and in june my mate suggested to join him in get a bike so 2 weeks later I got my CBT and the following week I bought a Yamaha yzf R125 and I love it :D never had a bike before, never been on a bike before but loving it !

I have my Theory test to do on Saturday and i have a question ?

The test is in Glasgow and am wondering about parking, do I still need to pay and display with a bike or can you park up on the pavement ?

whats the do's and donts ?

Hopefully you all can keep me right :D

Cheers,

Graham

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Welcome, I think we all have that question ref ‘pay & display’& parking on the pavement, I don’t know how you get along with either, I assume you still could get a ticket, What I try to do is use a local supermarket even if they have their own pay and display, usually I look to see where the employees park their scoots and snuggle my bike in there, like wise if I see the parking Gestapo I would just ask,

Aj

Hi Graham,

Welcome to the club, With respects to your question many car parks these days have a section which is just for motorbikes. some have a little flap by the ground anchor to put your ticket, but most are free to us bikers as we don't take up that much room. As for parking on the pavement, im sure your find your bike moved, or scratched or dented.

Any ways good luck for Saturday and get your big boys test done before January as new laws are coming in to bring us in line with the pissing EU

Thanks,

Yeah hoping to get the big boy test done in September ! all going well ! this parking thing just gets me confussed :S think ill speak to a traffic warden and see what BS they say :D

thanks again.

ill probs post a big massive YAY if I pass on Saturday and if I fail i will probably delete my profile in shame :0

cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online