XS250 Electrics

jayred1979
This post is 6247 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi!

Purchased an XS250 last week. Its in good condition only it has no electrical functioning at all!

Fitted new fuses, battery, checked connections as best I can to my knowledge, cleaned inside of ignition switch, checked bulbs, found two earth leads and they were connected well!. Am well stuck as electrics are not a strong point with me. Can anybody help at all?

Jason

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, if all electrics have gone did you check the main earth lead? I would also get yourself a multmeter (£2.50 from Maplins at the mo') and work from the battery, checking every lead for power. there is no easy answer to this, just methodical probing. Have fun ;)

• Admin

Yep its defo one of them trial and error occasions :(

• 1 year later...

Hi!

Purchased an XS250 last week. Its in good condition only it has no electrical functioning at all!

Fitted new fuses, battery, checked connections as best I can to my knowledge, cleaned inside of ignition switch, checked bulbs, found two earth leads and they were connected well!. Am well stuck as electrics are not a strong point with me. Can anybody help at all?

Jason

I HAD AN OLD XS650 AND THIS MIGHT HELP.NONE OF THE LIGHTS WOULD COME ON UNLESS THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING.THERE NOT LIKE NOWADAYS BIKES.WITH THE KEY ON YOU SHOULD GET POWER TO JUST THE STARTER AND STARTER BUTTON UNLESS IT JUST HAS A KICKSTARTER OH THE NEUTRAL LIGHT TOO.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online