dt125r oil problem diapering

dylan_elliot
This post is 4302 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi can someone help me on this problem i am having with my 89 dt125r

i filled it up with oil and after 10 min there is no sign through the oil eye of there being any oil and u can see it as silver so i know there no oil but every time i fill it up start it there's no sign of the oil even when i don't start the engine in about 10-15 min its all gone there is no sign of it leaking anywhere but recently the oil was coming out of an overflow pipe which it isn't doing any more so any help u can give me will be very much appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you must check the level with the bike upright not on the stand, if you fill it to the level and start the engine the oil will disappear from the window. It is no surprise that when you stop it and leave it a while to settle you can no longer see it in the window (bike upright)...just add some more and repeat the process all it means is you didnt add enough in the first place...repeat the process evantually you will see the level.

The oil quantity is normally on the clutch cover...first off you should have added about 50ml less than this and you would have been in the ball park ;)