New member putting a dt125r back on the road

This post is 4328 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello just joined up and was hoping to get some feedback on putting a 2000 dt125r back on the road its been stripped of the lights, clocks etc so would love some help finding them ....also I would like to fit a round headlamp if possible to give it a more personal look so anyone who knows about after market tinkering and knowledge would be a life saver its my first time fixing a bike so be gentle ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Gary,

When you say put back on the road I assume it still has its frame numbers so you can apply for a V5 ? it's a royal pain in the arse if not.

With regard to the lights etc , the standard tail light and plastics can all be picked up from a well known internet website, there is a gentleman from portugal that seems to do full sets for approx £125 and comes highly recommended from other uses.

The after market headlight is also easily sourced online, your better off changing the whole front cowling inc lights rather than trying to somehow fit a round light into a very square hole :-)

Welcome to the forum and hope this helps

Thanks Mark

Welcome to the forum. As Mark says Philippe form portugal is a good place for aftermarket plastic kits.

Polisport Headlight are popular and are around 30-50 and are complete units with the headlight and plastic. The rear light/tail tidy you'll pick up on ebay. Indicators...original are about 12 quid each from wemoto or a full set of smaller aftermarkets are about 20-25 on ebay. clocks are expensive at around 40+ on ebay.

As mark also said the DVLA will be you biggest hurdle without a V5. If you have a frame number its still a hassle. If you have a frame number and reg you can apply for a new v5 by filling out a v62 which you'll find with a google search and sending them 25 quid cheque. (It will take a while, I'm waiting for 3 at the moment and its been ages).

If you do just have the frame number there is a way for getting a full HPI and the Reg ( which you can then use to get the v5) for £23 via a useful chap online.

I'm currently putting a DT125R 1998 back on the road as you can see in the projects section. If you want any more info/ help i'll be happy to help. I want to keep as many of these bikes on the road as possible. Damn them for being so stealable!

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online