reg plate

junglecat
This post is 4338 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have a midnite star 1300 and i want a smaller reg plate as the one thats on it is standard uk size is there a legal small plate u can get or am i stuck with the one thats fitted any help please.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Basically as long as the letters/numbers are the correct size and spacing and you have a minimum of 11m border around them that is all i can see is required

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/PersonalisedRegAndNumberPlates/DG_181503

Motorcycles and tricycles

Motorcycles registered from 1 September 2001 must only display a number plate at the rear of the vehicle.

Motorcycles registered before 1 September 2001 can display a number plate at the front, but do not have to. The number plate must be a 'two-line' number plate.

Motorcycle number plates should have a:

• character height - 64 millimetres
  • character width - 44 millimetres (except the figure 1 or letter I)
  • character stroke - 10 millimetres
  • space between characters - 10 millimetres
  • space between groups - 30 millimetres
  • top, bottom and side margins - 11 millimetres (minimum)
  • vertical space between groups - 13 millimetres

Tricycles made from motorcycles must meet the number plate requirements for motorcycles.

Tricycles made from four-wheeled vehicles, such as saloon cars and quad bikes must meet the same number plate requirements as all other vehicles.