Putting performance filters on my carbs

AnthraX-V1B
This post is 4345 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Spence..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry to keep you in SUSPENSE but im still waiting for you to introduce your self in the new folks section of the forum, THEN you might get some helpful info.

Thats ok dude just that where this is kinda like a free forum we would like to know who you are before giving out any thing for free as it where.

Right as for your question i have a set of these filters on my Dragstar (V star for you) and yes i had to put bigger main jets in the carbs, move the diaphragm needles up higher and advance the pilot jets a few more turns, I also had to fiddle with the tick over as well.

You may find as well that where you are getting more fuel and air going in the engine you will have to wait till she is warm till you can pull away, my bike will not go unless she is warm. Its kinda good in a way as no fucker can nick her and try and ride off as she will pop fart and cut out thus waking me up :D

Any probs give me a shout. ;)

An air filter that doubles as a anti-theft device!?! OH HELL YES :yeah:

thanks for the advice, ill put an order in for em as soon as they get back in stock anyway..

Another quick tip tho, If you find that she is warm but still wont pull away then you need bigger main jets. It took me 5 times to get it right! thats 5 times taking the fuel tank off carbs out, Stripping carbs and rebuilding the lot.

I started with a set of 90 main jets and am now running a set of 122.5 main jets with the pilots jets adjusted 6.5 turns (stock is 1.5 turns!) Once you have fitted new jets start her up and leave her to warm up and then take her for a spin but not too far. If when you crack open the throttle she splutters and dont pull away get her home and take out the spark plugs, if they are white then your running week and need bigger jets, if they are black and wet your too rich and need to down jet.

Running week or rich for too long will melt / burn / fuck up pistons.

Well, it looks like those filters I was thinking of getting are not coming in stock anytime soon...

Where could I pick up some uni pod filters at? also, can those uni's be sprayed with air oil?