Front forks......

bertie_bas205
This post is 4365 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone know if dragstar front forks will fit an XJ 650???

I have bought an XJ trike and I really don't like the front end, I thought of using the dragstar front end as it's a lot cleaner and less cluttered.....

If anyone has any other ideas, please shout up......

Bertie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI Bertie, Not sure if the forks your on about will fit but the only thing I do know is that the fork rake angle should not be changed, if the forks you want to use are longer or shorter than the present ones I would say that it not a good choice to put them in but if they are approx the same size give or take a few mils then it shouldn't be a major problem, if you put in really long forks for instance the rake will tend to tip the bike backwards ie towards the rear wheel whereas to short will tip it forward over the front wheel thus changing the dynamic of the bikes handling and putting extra strain on the fork yoke and steering head. Hope that makes some sort of sense and at least gives you a running start on what not to put in. :jossun:

Hmmmmmmm, sounds like i'll be leaving it alone n de-cluttering the standard forks.......

Bertie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online