Differences between DT125R and DT125LC

Davo
This post is 5743 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I have a Yamaha DT125 but I am not sure whether it's an R version or an LC Mk3. It was sold to me as an 'R' and came with an owner's manual as such, but it doesn't have a servo operated power valve as I thought it should. It is a 1989 (G-reg) so from what I've read it could therefore be either an LC Mk3 or an R. Is there a definitive way to tell? What are the differences?

Cheers for any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, I have a Yamaha DT125 but I am not sure whether it's an R version or an LC Mk3. It was sold to me as an 'R' and came with an owner's manual as such, but it doesn't have a servo operated power valve as I thought it should. It is a 1989 (G-reg) so from what I've read it could therefore be either an LC Mk3 or an R. Is there a definitive way to tell? What are the differences?

Cheers for any help.

Main differences:-

- LC Exhaust goes out the left hand side, R on the right.

- LC Mk3 has drum on back and disc on the front, I think most DTR have discs front and back

- LC doesnt stand so tall on the suspension on the R.

I think that should be enough, post a pic if you can if your still in doubt.

It must be an R then as the exhaust comes out to the right, it's got discs front and rear and definitely stands tall! I'm 6'3" and it still feels a little high.

Cheers for clearing that up guys, I e-mailed my local Yam dealer with a VIN number but he never got back to me <_<

Guess I'll just pin the powervalve in the open position since there's no servo control.

• Admin

Use a bike cable, and gear lever, so you can manually open and close it, otherwise you lose bottom end power

Use a bike cable, and gear lever, so you can manually open and close it, otherwise you lose bottom end power

Really??

Can i do that with my LC? It has a powervalve.

• 3 years later...

can you give more details mate?

you mean you had it in one position for low down power and then another for top end ?

i.e. one for round town the other for top speed?