repair for 1980 yamaha 850 special

thorovat
This post is 4379 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi ... I've go a problem with what I think are the 1st 2 cylinders of my bike, they are either over fueling or not getting proper spark to burn the fuel properly. I believe my carbs are functioning properly so I am thinking it maybe an electrical issue .The middle and left spark plugs are very wet with fuel, the right plug seems to be burning very clean. Almost since new, once in a whlie I would have a starting issue and would have to fiddle with the wiring harness near where it goes from the steering column to the engine . Could this be where my problem could be or is there another electrical spot I should be checking out .. ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Thorovat, wrong place mate, this should be in the "WORKSHOP" section and only then AFTER you have done your INTRO, we like to know who we are talking to and you would not rock up to complete strangers and start asking them how to fix your bike would you? So do your intro (who you are where your from, that sort of thing) and THEN put this in the right place and hope someone has a fix for you.

Oh and Welcome to the YOC,

P.S Do you have a manual for your bike? Electrical problems are notoriously difficult to repair (if that's what's wrong with it) so you need to give lots of info on what the actual problem is and what you have already done to correct it, if your middle and left plugs are both really wet (with fuel) then it might be that you need to balance your carbs before you do anything else.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online