XJ600 key jumping out of ignition!!!

burness86
This post is 4385 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I was on my way to work this morning and heard vibration noise ( not unusual for my bike ) and decided to tap the dash thinking it was that. with that the key jumped out of the ignition and as i was doing 100km/h on the freeway the wind held it to my chest luckily. the engine was still running and the key position was on the on position. I pulled over put the key back in and turned the engine off. put the key back to the on position again and it was locked in like it should be.

Wierd..........Was lucky the wind held it to my chest as it was pitch black and busy freeway. i would of never found the key if it had dropped.

On another note....... I want to do a few safty checks on my bike but i have no manual. anyone have a checklist of things to check as the bike is second hand and i have found a bodge already and want to make sure its safe to ride.

Thanks

David

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI David, I would think that your key is probably just worn from use, not much you can do about it really except get another one cut. If your really worried about it then use a tie of some sort to make sure it don't fall off again just loop something around it and hook it to a cable or to the bars. As to your other request I would buy a manual HAYNES are ok but can be a bit difficult to follow, I call mine the haynes book of jokes cos sometmes it's just having a laugh. A proper Yam manual is going to cost the earth so don't go there but EBAY have loads of second user ones, so if I were you I'd get one from there. Hope that helps a bit. :jossun:

P.S there has been a request from the site moderator NOT to supply manuals that are copyrighted ,I suppose he's had a bollocking from someone.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online