Mini Moto Carb

JoeS
This post is 4376 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I can imagine of you are thinking its stupid for anyone to own a Mini moto, I baught it off of a friend just to strip down, Rebuild and replace what needs replacing.

The problem I am having is it got to me not working and from what I have checked it isnt sparking so I will be sorting that, The other thing is the carb valve with the little dial style handle on the side that allows fuel trough, Aparantly it has been turned god knows how many times, I dont have any idea if it being turned around the same way many times will stop fuel flow or is it on something where it just matters at what angle its at and not a thread?

Im sorry for the Un technical explenation on this, It may read out confusing but any ideas on the matter would be ace

Joe.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats the one, Oh ok, Thanks alot, I cant seem to get the damn thing to spark but thats one less thing to worry about now!

Cheers, Going to buy a new coil for it as the spark plug seems in good condition.

Just seen your in thatcham dude, im in newbury the next town over!, if you're still having trouble im heading over on the A34 going to oxford on tuesday, i can stop by and have a look at it if you like?

Im in Newbury 3 days a week, Thanks for the offer but im pretty sure it needs a new Coil because it will not spark atall. Also the clutch has a screw trough it. After replacing these and it wont go your help would be amasing.

i have an abundance of coils if your interested aswell?, i stripped down 3 generators with suspected crank seal failure but all the coils are tested and working

well, they came off 2-stroke 70cc generators, and i've used a couple of garden strimmers, they are more than likely going to fit a mini moto, bring it over and try it if you like

Its a smidge on the heavy side, got no where I can but it on my bike either, I shall leave it for now, Getting the money to buy the parts tonight anyway. Hopefully have it fixed and sold within the next week.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online