V-Star 950 tourer - remove bags?

pictwarrior
This post is 4334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2009 V-Star 950 Tourer. I'd like to remove the bags but when I started doing so, I realized that the rear pegs bolt onto the bag mounting frame. There are no bolt holes in the bike frame to remount them to.

Is there a conversion kit I could use so I could still have a passenger but be able to remove the bags if I want to? I had thought that they were simple bolt ons but it seems that the tourer is meant to be as-is forever.

Any thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it's the same as the 1300 the pegs bolt to the frame where the bag supports attach to the down tube of the frame. There should be two bolts about one inch or so behind the foot pegs and that's where you remount them... Hope that makes sense/helps

• 2 months later...

thank you! you were exactly right, although I found out too late that they are lock-tighted. One new heat gun and one new bolt later, I've got the bags off and the passenger pegs reinstalled. Another thing of note is that removing that mount moves the pegs back a couple of inches which moves my wife's knees a bit. She got used to it but was annoyed at first.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online