YBR125 looking for someones help please !!

Eden90
This post is 4389 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello airhead ..i did post it on there and was told to come here :/...basikly iam 21 year old apprentice chef in norwich norfolk and bought a ybr 125 to commute on my daily journey to work ,i have come here for helP as i love my bike and would realy apreciate some helP as i am an amiture when it comes to motor cycles...basikly the problem started last week when i pulled up to some traffic lights and it cut out to my shock as it seemed to be running fine ...before this i did notice the week before that i could pull the key out while engine was running and didnt think that was right ...i tried to start my bike as normal yestaday on my daily comute to work .....i turned the key like normal but no neautral light or anything happend and couldnt start my bike and couldnt make it to work today ...i have read through other peoples problems on workshop with no one with the same problem to what i have found ...if you could just give me aome advice or point me in the right direction it would be great and i understand this is no garage!! Thanks if you have taken time to read this.

• 3 weeks later...

where'd you buy your bike mate? any chance of it being under warranty? I'm no pro so i can't tell you exactly whats going on with your bike. I've only been riding a year an a half and haven't done any serious work on my bike but, something thats helped me to understand the machine a lot better is buying a Haynes manual and reading through it. It explains how to do everything from change a chain to overhaul the engine. I'd only be making a stab in the dark if were to, on the basis of a self service manual, make a 'diagnosis' so i'm not going to. I don't recommend you start taking it to pieces either and end up having to cart it to a mechanic in a wheel barrow but since you know the background history of your bike, and until someone more qualified can help, it might be a place to start and it would probably help people on here help you better to.

a bit vague that eden, post an intro and post your ybr ignition issue in workshp ...

I'm with Airhead... ignition problem? The ignition switch is missing? The keys are missing? :D Or it won't start? That could be any number of things... gas flow, battery, spark plug and/ or wire, loose connections... I'm sure the list goes on. Just like my manual states, saying the bike doesn't run isn't the same as saying it quit on the hiway at high speed and then wouldn't start, or its been in the garage for months and now it won't start. :)