What's Up YOC?

This post is 4409 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been riding a Honda Ruckus for like 2 years now and finally decided to upgrade to a real bike. I heard a lot of great things about the XJ650/Maxim so I thought it would be a great starter bike. I've owned it for about 2 hours now and I find myself on the message boards already. Long story short, I spent about an hour riding in a parking lot learning the clutch and gears etc and just getting used to a 453 pound bike as opposed to my 193 pound scooter. Everything went well. I parked the bike and went to show it off to my neighbor and tried to fire her up and she won't start. Starter just clicks and check oil light flashes. It was a warm day here in VA...mid 80's. Maybe due to the low speeds and the fact that this bike is air cooled...I'm possibly looking at an overheat issue? I'm hoping that in an hour or two I can fire her back up and she'll run fine. It's my first bike so I'm really looking forward to the learning experience. Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So I figured it out. Sad to say but I had to open the choke up farther. I assumed that since I had been on the bike for an hour or so that it would be warm enough. Guess not. I opened the choke all the way and fired her up. Cranked the throttle a little bit and closed the choke and she was good to go.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online