Hello! I'm new to maintenance!

sam12358
This post is 4399 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hi.

I've been riding for a couple of years but always relied on other people to do my maintenance for me... so i recently thought I should pull my finger out and learn! I ride an R6 1999 and have invested in some new tools to get me started.

I wanna apologise if I ask stupid questions on here, so if you see any of my posts, please bear in mind I know very little about mechanics and maintenance!

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Sam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Sam, We all have to start some where it's just nice to hear some one say they don't have a clue rather than mangle the bike cos they won't ask for advice. If you need to ask about a problem then ask away and some one will ride to your rescue, we all know that feeling of hopelessness when you look at the bike and think where the fuck do I start. Some advice BEFORE you post questions, BUY A BOOK on your bike so you can at least understand what your being advised to do and if you think it's complete bollocks then ask again as even the best can get it wrong and sometimes do. NEVER EVER just do what your told to do find out why your being told to do it. Good luck mate now get your spanners dirty. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online