79 XS750 Special pouring gas from air box

XSTriple79
This post is 4399 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is my first post, and I'm hoping somebody can help me out. I just picked up a 79 XS750SF. Bike looks like it was well maintained, but when I started it up, gas started pouring out of the air box after a few min. Thinking that it was a stuck float, I pulled the carbs off, cleaned them completely, and put everything back together. When I started the bike again, gas started leaking from the air box again. The only thing I can think of is that I may have been running the bike with the petcock on PRI. I've never had a bike with a "prime" setting on the petcock, so I was unfamiliar with what that setting was. Could this have been my problem?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi XS, Would be nice if you did an INTRO before asking questions old mate, but the PRIME setting is as it says to prime the carbs (if it's been stood for a while or you've taken the carbs off) next one down should be OPEN (normal running) and finally RESERVE. Now PLEASE go and do an INTRO in the "NEW MEMBERS" section as most will not answer questions from strangers, then post your questions regarding broken or malfunctioning bits of kit in the "WORKSHOP" section.

P.S would you go up to a bunch of strangers and say "my bike don't work how do I fix it" without first saying Hi my name is - - - ? Nice people on here but they do like to know who their talking to. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online