new to bikes, need some help, rright side exhaust issue

jdalian1
This post is 4400 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

New to motorcycles, but i did notice the brand new spark plugs get super black after a quick ride, which i assume causing a misfire for the right side, so my question was how to get it back to norm or make it run leaner, or what the problem is at all , thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, if you intriduce yourself in the "new members" section, people will be more inclined to help and aswer your questions.

Thankz!

Hi jdalian, it would be nice if you did an INTRO before asking questions but anywho, if your plugs are getting black rapidly then it can be a couple of things, first is to much fuel to air mix, that is running to rich, try reducing the amount of fuel going into the cylinder, adjust the carbs. Or an oil leak into the cylinder head either from above through the valve seats or below from the crank case which could be worn piston rings or barrels. You will need to give MUCH more info before any kind of definate answer to your problem, so go to "NEW MEMBERS" section and do an intro and THEN got to "WORKSHOP" and post your problem there, Give all the info you can, what bike is it, what year, (just cos you have put 1980 XS 400) as your bike does not mean that this is the one you are talking about, plus anything you might have done that would point to an obvious cause to your problem, i,e, have you just serviced it and put to much oil in the crank case? Other than that Welcome to the YOC it's always nice to have new people to talk to. :jossun: