YBR 125, Will it do or not?

Ybrornot
This post is 4406 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Yamaha riders !

I'm 18 years old and I really want a motorcycle. I live in Belgium, and in January 2013 they will change the motorcycle license system: If you are under 24, you have to start for 2 years on a 125 cc motorcycle.

I really like the looks of the YBR 125, I've already heard its a good motorcycle but I have some questions about the speed..

I will have to do a dual carriageway where the speed limit is 55 mph ( when there is a lot of traffic, in rush hour, its mostly around 50 - 45 mph) to get to school.

My question is, will the YBR be able to do these kind of roads? It's only for 12 miles. I heard from some people it's top speed is only 60 mph, other say 70 mph when warmed up...

Many thanks :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi And welcome!

Majority of 125's will do 70mph. My XVS 125 dragstar was more than happy sitting at 65-70 on flat roads but dropped down to say around 60 up hills and even less on steep hills and strong head winds.

The YBR being a "sporty" 125 should be more than happy doing 70 in the right conditions but your mostly be doing 65 ish and prob working the gear box to maintain 65+ if the road/weather conditions change. ;)

I had one from new and it would do 60mph ok but very little more unless downhill - and I am 80kg

It was fine for everything except motorways - and you did have to plan passing lorries carefully

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online