Virago 535 No Power

Twisted2004
This post is 6997 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My mate got hold of a 1991 Virago XV535. It was standing for a year or two. It starts and idles no problem, changed air filter, spark plugs.....but it just has absolutly no power!

any body had anything similiar??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This might sound daft but here goes.I have rebuilt my old mans car pretty much down to nuts and bolts after putting it all back together it started it even idled but as soon as i put accelerater down it didnt want to know every1 said head gasket tried it ??? turns out i have a little family of now dead spiders in the carb little buggers

This might sound daft but here goes.I have rebuilt my old mans car pretty much down to nuts and bolts after putting it all back together it started it even idled but as soon as i put accelerater down it didnt want to know every1 said head gasket tried it ??? turns out i have a little family of now dead spiders in the carb little buggers

Supposable, the carb has been clean out......however I didnt clean it out, so until its been cleaned by my hands, lets assume there are a colony of spiders and moths breeding in there! :)

Thanks for the reply.

We have a Haynes manual for the bike and it makes a few suggestions about what it could be- i think its just gonna be another trouble shooting mission!

Just remembered the bike has a fuel filter, if thats all clogged up with cack its likely to cause some unrest!

Thoughts?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online