Re-jetted my Dragstar

Morpheuz
This post is 4451 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've just about finished rejetting my 125 Dragstar, just wondered what your thoughts are on it, as I think the bike is quite thirsty for what I've done.

I know its winter, so the air is more dense which means more oxygen, so I am worried that for summer, it may start to foul.

Although its running fine, I'll let you know everything I've done.

1. Rubber air restrictor removed, holes drilled on both plastic parts of the sheild shaped intake leading straight through to the new stock air filter.

2. About two 1cm holes poked in each back baffle.

3. .98 Main jet, and needle clip is in lowest position, (there are 3) meaning its one notch down from stock so its richer.

The needle solved my acceleration problem, sometimes opening the throttle up to set off resulted in the odd stumble, so thats why I changed

The bike when cold, will accelerate up through the needle, and then struggle slightly even with the main jet being a 98, when warm, this dissapears and becomes smooth, so I'll leave that as it is.

I thought with the air filter still being the paper stock, these fuel demands were quite a step up, is this bike naturally thirsty, or am I going to suffer in summer?

I check my plugs and they dont have deposits yet, but sometimes they look slightly wet.... I find that strange as any lower in jet sizes and my bike struggles, so why the hell do the plugs get damp?

I havnt checked the plugs after a long run yet so maybe they need time to properly heat up. Its had long runs, and as of yet no deposits so it must be ok?

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online