87 dt 125 exhaust stud

Dtlc3
This post is 4492 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers mate.nearly got the bike running,just got to sort the carb and no fuel is getting into the engine. Even tho iv cleaned the carb twice,and blown it through with an airline.

but is it getting into the carb then?

is there a drain plug or screw at the bottom of the bowl you can remove?

I have see filter screens inside of the carb fuel inlet spigot before today...worth checking?

It's getting to the float bowl.

Just not getting past that point?.

blocked jets surely, remove the main and especially the pilot jet, use a magnifying glass and hold up to the light to see, always use the correct fitting screwdriver in the pilot...one slip and youve shit it!

also check the choke hole isnt blocked in the bowl...at the bottom of the tube

blocked jets surely, remove the main and especially the pilot jet, use a magnifying glass and hold up to the light to see, always use the correct fitting screwdriver in the pilot...one slip and youve shit it!

also check the choke hole isnt blocked in the bowl...at the bottom of the tube

Hi there iv cleaned all the jets as much as poss the only one I can get out is the one where the throttle slide needle sits will upload a pic

Two things,

1: is the choke plunger fitted and working ?

2: dont really like the look of the pilot jet but it's best left alone as yet because if you damage the screwdriver slot you're in deep sh1t

you need to investigate the choke first, so is the plunger working correctly?

oh and clarify this

"It's getting to the float bowl.

Just not getting past that point?. "

we need it to get further than 'to' the bowl, we want fuel in the bowl

Hi mate, the fuel is getting to the bowl and it's going into the bowl Cus the fuel I was putting in was coming out the drain hole, untill I adjusted the float height,

Second the choke does move freely but, it's very loose, when I pull the choke out and go to kick it over once then the chock will go back in, it's very loose, cheers

get the choke working first, it should then start and if it wont run with the choke off after that...well thats another story. also you need to check the bowl vent is clear

The choke

see the brass tube coming down from the carb body, it goes down into a bored hole in the bowl, at the bottom of that bored hole is a tiny hole into the bowl for fuel to pass through...you need to pass a very small pricker wire through the hole to make sure it's clear. Then the choke shold work and the engine should then run on choke

How does the fuel get from the bowl to the engine what jet does it use.

Also I bought 10 cheap tins of carb cleaner those 99p store ones drilled a hole in each tin and then emptyed the contents into a bown.anyway there was enough to cover the whole carb so it's been soaking in that all day so should be a bit cleaner with any luck.

how the fuel gets to the engine, lol thats complicated and i'm not about to write an essay...Like I say check the vents are clear and the hole to the choke lift tube is clear, then at least it should run on choke

Ok mate no worries will check that Tommorow and update cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online