DT125R '03 YPVS sounds really wierd..

Flaxxa
This post is 4486 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sup guys! First time here as a memeber..

Got a Yamaha DT125R from 2003, last couple times I've turned the ignition on I heard a really wierd sound from YPVS.

Its like *Sound, pause, sound* but a quite short pause there.

What did sound from at the beginning was the sound at the end, but now it all just sounds completly fked up to be honest.. :

So what shall I do, may I record it and upload it here so you understand what I mean?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its the pv cleaning cyce zzzt...zzzt thats what it sounds like ;)

take off the pulley cover and you will see it in action, it just moves the pv back and forth to clean off any build up, it's when you dont hear it should worry!

hey Flaxa you forgot to intro ;) (new members)

its the pv cleaning cyce zzzt...zzzt thats what it sounds like ;)

take off the pulley cover and you will see it in action, it just moves the pv back and forth to clean off any build up, it's when you dont hear it should worry!

hey Flaxa you forgot to intro ;) (new members)

I know how it sounds but it changed alot what it used to sound like, and thanks for the really quick answer! :D Got surprised hehe.

I did actually take of the cover on it because a friend said that I should take a look and maybe clean it, but it's so clean I wouldn't mind lick it *rofl*

Oh, I will do it straight away :)

check your cables are still moving fella,and that your battery is fully charged. flat battery or siezed cables make it sound funny. oh and hi!

check your cables are still moving fella,and that your battery is fully charged. flat battery or siezed cables make it sound funny. oh and hi!

The cables are moving, the black thing inside it are moving to but it's not going smooth like it used too..

But I got a o-ring from a friend thats never been used, so I might put it in tomorrow when I'm going to the change the gaskets on the cylinder..

hm? Thats a parts list, parts diagram, exploded view...call it what you will .........

Aah thank you, exploded view! Thats the word haha :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online