riding abroadn australia

2010jja1990
This post is 4487 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well heres the plan me and the father take our bikes from scotland to oz visit all the main cities spend a few months driving and expereincing new things but heres the thing we dont no how to? so were looking for some answers on what we need before we go? shipping costs? places to go? things to do?

any ideas comments or info lemme no any helps appreciated! thank!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I am going to Aus to visit my Bro next year and had the same idea about taking the bike with me BUT the Australian customs are a bitch to deal with they want to know all sorts of things about you and your bike and to tell the truth it is easier to buy a bike out there and sell it when you come back, the only thing is that bikes are really expensive out in Aus/NZ as they tend to drive most every where in chuffing great 5 litre tanks, if you contact the Aus/NZ embassy in London they will send you all the stuff you need to set it up but be prepared to pay a shit load of money for the privilege, the shipping is about 6 to 8 weeks (part load container) and that only gets you to the docks after which there will be IMPORT duty and such to pay (which I think is refundable when you leave) but don't expect them to make it easy or quick. Sorry to be so negative about it but unfortunately that's the way it is, I am going to borrow my brothers old car when I get there and just rego it for a few months while I am out there, not as much fun as taking the bike but to be honest the thought of jumping through Australian customs hoops and all the hassle it would take to get it there it's not (in my opinion) worth the effort, just go and hire what you need and then give it back when you leave seem's to be the best option around. Martin. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online