1978 xs250 c front caliper.

Garygazza
This post is 4489 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My front caliper seals have started to leak brake fluid.On removal of the caliper piston it is very pitted and requires replacing.Are these calipers fitted to any other model .M and P list a kit for a 250 d and e,are they the same calipers?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would have thought a 78 bike would be an E model, yamaha designations for bikes started with A in 73 AFAIK , C would be 76 model. , and i seem to remember the XS250 being launched in 77 , anyway I think they where the same as the RD calipers of the day single piston swinging caliper

'78 can be C or D, calipers you can use are

some xs650's

some Rd's

xs400 sohc models except later ones

xs750 and 850

xs 1100

Thanks Merv and Drewpy for the info.The bike is a c disc model.I have seen pistons for a 750 on Yambits web site so I will try them.

Thanks Merv and Drewpy for the info.The bike is a c disc model.I have seen pistons for a 750 on Yambits web site so I will try them.

there's some stainless one on ebay from germany. they come up. try "the tired kraut"

yea, I think it is the E model. I used the gear lever shaft from that model for my bike