hello all !!

This post is 4490 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all,,,i joined this site in september and ive olny just got round to doin this so,..

my names rob and im form leicester uk..

im 21 years young and currently have a dt125lc2 in the process off being restored to its former beauty

what iv'e done so far;

• bought the bike for a mear £400.00
  • started up after two kicks and some fresh petrol
  • took all the bits and bobs off which would allow me to examine the wiring loom
  • took the flywheel off and the stator plate to check the lighting coils and igniton
  • go to work with my electrical tester and found that one of my lighting coils where knackered
  • sorted the lightin coils out by getting a coil of an old yam 100cc bike after a few adjusments to the stator plate with a file,,,,,,,BOOOM ! i had working front lights (although dim on tickover)
  • after i sussed tht out i got to work on repairing old damaged and perished parts of the loom which mainly seemed to behind the exhaust and running up the side of the yolk
  • put all the plastics bits on and took it for a spin (in which it was pathetic)
  • took the engine out along with every thing else,,stripped it right back to frame and fframe only
  • then i rebuilt the top end along woith gaskets (obviously) overbore and 1.25 oversize piston...
  • stripped all the paint work and polised up the enigne ready for a respray
  • then i got to work on the frame which the dreaded previous owner had hand painted the frame with what looked like a brush and tub of bitumen,,,anyway hand sanded the frame and took for blasting a powder coating
  • put the engine back in the frame
  • new radiator
  • new cdi and igniton coil
  • new ht lead
  • new back mudguard and under tray
  • new panels all over baisically

top go on i would be here all day but as you might be able to tell,,,,,,ive completely and utterly stripped the bike and completely rebuilt it

if anyones interested ill gladly keep you posted on the outcome as i still have little things to purchase; grips tach cable etc etc

hope i havent said anything i wasnt suppose to say in this introduction was quite sure on what to write lol

regards rob :hyper:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum, chippy. A great intro and it looks like you have already been busy. If you want to turn it into a project, start a project thread in the project section of the forum - bottom of the home page. I am in Loughborough so not too far away.

Welcome to the YOC chippy, Nice intro, did the same thing to my XJ last year you can't beat taking it apart and gettiing to know your bike bolt by bolt, good luck with your project and keep us informed. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online