XV535 Blues........

Seana23
This post is 4516 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

its somewhat nice to be posting sumat about one ov my bikes for a change, so here goes...........

Its a lovely shiney 1990 XV 535 with Hardly-Davidson type slash cut pipes... Nice.

It has a standard factory air filter unit fitted.

When i fitted the pipes, i upjetted the both Main-Jets from (if memory serves) 137.5's upto 147.5's.

Thing is, when out and about annoying the neighbours, the pipes pop and bang on over-run, the engine gets a wee bit surface-ov-the-sun-like and the pipes have "Blued" at the top near the Cylinders.

Should i go up another 10 or 20 on the Main Jets, reduce the Air-Jet size or try to raise the carb needle/ adjust the air screw (if this is possible??? (I can do this quite easily on my GS but not so familliar with the side-on carbs fitted to the XV))

thanx all.

Bless ya.

Seana

XXX

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Seana, Just thinking if it's poping and farting when you decelerate then it actually might be to rich a mixture ie fuel in exhast and then it burns off as you shut down, this happens with wasted spark systems and so it might be an idea to actually change back to your old jets and see if that cures the problem, bluing to the pipes is fairly usual anyway but fuel burning in the exhaust will speed it up plus it will over heat the cylinders as the exhaust cannot get rid of the waste heat due to them being hotter than the engine, otherwise just increase the air jet size to lean the mixture out that way. of course this might all be complete rubbish and some one else may have a better idea of what's going on. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online